The Author....

My photo
I am a mom to twin boys, full-time employee of a telecommunications company and wife to a professional musician. I work, do yoga, cook and try to squeeze in DIY projects and spending time with friends.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blackened Fish

In an effort to eat healthy meals, we try to eat fish.  I have a hard time eating fish once a week, let alone the two-three times the food police say I'm supposed to.  Insert normal excuses here... hard to get good fresh fish, not convenient, blah blah blah. 

Phew, now that we've passed that, here's our family's favorite fish recipe.  This one is from Real Simple.
I make it with 'White Roughy'- it's found in the frozen section of Trader Joes.  This is where fish can be really easy- buy frozen, defrost overnight, cook, enjoy.  Since roughy is not as oily as catfish, bake it at 450 degrees instead of broiling it, 15-20 minutes.  Serve with sweet potato fries (ours also come from Trader Joes).

And for you with kids, my kids love this fish.  It's not spicy (provided your chili powder isn't spicy-- try cayenne pepper if this comes out too hot).  They might also enjoy rubbing the spice blend onto the fish.  It's a little like finger painting, only more delicious at the end!

I halve the spices because I'm making just 12 oz of fish.  Here's the recipe:  Blackened Fish  Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment