The Author....

My photo
I am a mom to twin boys, full-time employee of a telecommunications company and wife to a professional musician. I work, do yoga, cook and try to squeeze in DIY projects and spending time with friends.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Yummus-Hummus Chicken

It's been tough going back to work after almost two weeks off.  There was a particular project I was working on in December that needed to be wrapped up and handed off this week.  No one knew I was working on it- one of those things that you know is coming so you just get it done before being asked.

It was painful- getting the necessary information was like pulling teeth.   In one series of emails, I asked someone if they could pull together some figures.  After denying that he would have had anything to do with the project he said, 'Oh THAT project?  Why didn't you say so...  that's mine'.   For goodness sake, the name of the project was in the email subject!!!  So yes, I earned my time away from the office.

But in coming back from vacation, it took three days to figure out where I'd left off.  Finally got it done today-- phew!

In the end, no good deed goes unpunished. I'll remember that next time.

So the first week back in the office is done, but there was still hummus leftover from the New Year's Day Open House.  And it needed to be eaten.

I had clipped this recipe from the Post when it ran in March.  This was the first time I made it, and I'm sorry I waited.  Except for the lime, I made it exactly as written.  The hummus does benefit from the addition of water, bringing it from 'thick' to 'creamy'.  The spices are wonderful, and it gave me an excuse to use some of my stash from Penzey's.

Kids loved the chicken, although they preferred to dip it in regular, unflavored hummus.  Ah well, more of the spiced stuff for me!  Dinner was chicken, hummus and steamed broccoli (also dipped in hummus), and a trip out for ice cream!

Happy first week of 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment