The Author....

My photo
I am a mom to twin boys, full-time employee of a telecommunications company and wife to a professional musician. I work, do yoga, cook and try to squeeze in DIY projects and spending time with friends.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Garlic Chicken

Tonight's dinner was from a recipe I've had in my repertoire for years.  If you have time after the chicken is cooked, boil the sauce to reduce, and serve with the chicken-- it's really good over brown rice.  My kids both enjoy the chicken; they seem to be 50/50 on having it with additional sauce. 

Garlic Chicken
1 Tbsp garlic minced
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
1/8 tsp chili powder
2 bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix all ingredients except chicken in a small measuring cup.

2. Place chicken into pan bone-side down (I use an 8x8 glass pan lined with aluminum foil for easy clean-up).   Pour sauce over chicken to coat, then turn chicken over breast side down to cook- it's moister this way.  Bake for one hour (or until cooked through), basting at the 30 minute mark with the pan juices.

1 comment:

  1. This was delicious and incredibly easy. It was so easy, in fact, that I complicated life by making a side dish of risotto. What an idiot!

    ReplyDelete